AAV Tee with Redi-Vent®
Product Description and Features
The Studor Redi-Vent Air Admittance Valve with Tubular Tee Adapter offers a simple drain and waste venting solution. Great for venting a single fixture or a group of bathroom fixtures, the Redi-Vent with tubular tee adapter is designed to fit 1-1/2-inch pipes and excels in tight applications. This one-way valve automatically opens and takes in fresh air when negative pressure (suction) occurs from a fixture discharging into the plumbing system. When the water flow stops, the Redi-Vent closes naturally due to gravity, preventing the circulation of any bad bathroom or drain odors.
An air admittance valve shall be acceptable as a vent termination for any individual vent, common vent, circuit vent, loop vent and island fixture vent that is provided to prevent siphonage of a fixture trap. An air admittance valve can be used as an alternative to extending a vent through the roof (or sidewall) to the open atmosphere.
- The air admittance valve shall be located a minimum of 4” above the horizontal branch drain or fixture drain being vented.
- Each valve should be installed in an accessible location.
- The valve should be connected to the piping in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- The valve should be installed in the vertical, upright position after rough-in and pressure testing of the DWV system.
- A minimum of one vent shall extend to the open atmosphere for ever building drainage system.
- The valve should not be installed as a vent terminal for any special (chemical) waste system or in supply and return air plenums.
- For installation in areas with temperature range between –40 and 150 degrees F.
- ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) valve with silicone membrane
- ABS or PVC (adaptor)
ANSI/ASSE 1051—2009 single fixture and branch type AAVs
ANSI/ASSE 1050—2009 stack type AAVs
NSF Standard 14—2009 Plastics Piping System and Components
- International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- International Residential Code (IRC)
- Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC Section 301.2 Alternative Materials and Methods
- National Standard Plumbing Code (NSPC)—Appendix “E”
- National Plumbing Code of Canada (NPC)
- Screening on the inside and outside of the valve to protect the sealing assembly from insects and debris.
- Will vent up to 20 DFUs on a horizontal branch and 24 DFUs on a stack.
- Limited lifetime warranty for replacement of defective valves.
- California Residents: WARNING – www.P65warnings.ca.gov
AAV Tee with Redi-Vent®
AAV Tee Only
For general planning and installation, we recommend the use of the information contained on the specification sheet for the AAV Tee. The information is based on national standards, plumbing codes and the Hunter curve.