Product Description and Features
The Studor® P.A.P.A.® (Positive Air Pressure Attenuator) is the perfect compliment to the existing range of Studor Air Admittance Valves (AAVs). Together they form the Studor Single Pipe System (SSPS), a Total Solution to a building’s venting requirements. Studor Air Admittance Valves will protect the water seal of the system’s branch fixtures while the P.A.P.A. effectively deals with positive pressure. This combination maintains perfect system balance, quickly and efficiently restoring even atmospheric pressure conditions throughout the system thus avoiding siphonage of any trap.
- Provides complete protection against positive and negative pressures in the system
- Replaces extensive vent piping saving material and installation costs
- Provides greater freedom of design for engineers, architects and design professionals
- Eliminates leak prone roof penetrations. No roof penetrations are required no matter how tall the building.
- Reduces the need for fire stopping devices preventing the chimney effect in the pipes, reducing the risk of fire spreading upwards between floors.
- Can be retrofitted into an existing drainage system to solve positive pressure problems
- Prevents propagation of oderous sewer gases
- Requires no maintenance, as all STUDOR products are non-mechanical devices
- 10 year warranty for replacement of defective devices
- Easy to install, does not require high skilled labor or special training
- California Residents: WARNING – www.P65warnings.ca.gov
P.A.P.A. (Positive Air Pressure Attenuator)
For general planning and installation, we recommend the use of the information contained on the specification sheet for P.A.P.A. The information is based on national standards, plumbing codes and the Hunter curve.